Warehousing and Distribution
Warehouse and distribution facility pest control is extremely challenging. It requires an exceptionally broad knowledge of pest biology as it concerns the products you handle and the places they came from, as well as the ability to quickly identify and respond to minor pest problems before they become major pest problems.
Because most warehouses receive products from all over the world, there literally is no limit to the kinds of pests that can become a problem in a warehouse. Rats and mice are constant challenges for most warehouses; birds can get in from open loading docks; a staggering variety of beetles, weevils, moths, and other stored-product pests are always trying to hitch a ride in your incoming products; and ants, roaches, and the rest of the usual suspects are always a threat. That’s why more than any other type of pest control, warehouse pest managements requires a technician with an extraordinarily broad knowledge of pest biology, identification, and treatment.
Pest control in warehouses also requires specialized knowledge of warehouse quality control, especially when the warehouse handles food or textile products, because they’re susceptible to a wider variety of pests. For most warehouses, this means a detailed, comprehensive Integrated Pest Management plan that includes meticulous monitoring for stored-product and textile pests, so we can rapidly identify and treat for them before they spread. It also means a broad familiarity with the quality assurance, documentation, and paperwork requirements of a wide variety of industries (and sometimes government agencies) to help you stay compliant — and to quickly be able to prove it to anyone who asks.
Finally, performing pest control in a warehouse requires the ability to work in a fast-paced world where everything is constantly in motion, without getting in the way and slowing things down. Lazy, laid-back exterminators don’t last long in warehouses. This is one job where being a little on the hyper side is an asset.
Bugaboo Pest Control’s Approach to Warehouse Pest Management
At Bugaboo Pest Control, the first step in designing your comprehensive Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program is learning about your business: what products you handle, where they come from, how long they stay in your facility, where they’re going, and how they’re going to get there. We also need to know your schedule and your priorities. We need to understand your business so we can design a pest management program that makes your life easier, not the other way around. We want to make pest control something you don’t have to worry about any more. Here’s how we do that:
As mentioned, we start by learning about your operation. That’s the most important thing.
Bugaboo Pest Control works around your schedule so we can provide quality pest control without getting in your way.
- We inspect for pest problems, sanitation, and conditions conducive to pest infestation, both initially and on a continuous basis.
- We keep you informed of maintenance or sanitation issues that need to be addresses to maintain a clean and pest-free environment.
- We use state-of-the-art pest monitoring techniques to provide early detection of pest problems.
- Where needed, we can install and maintain non-chemical pest control devices including light traps, door sweeps, air curtains, and rat and mouse traps.
- Where required by industry standards or location, we can install exterior rodent bait stations; but whenever possible, we emphasize pest exclusion to keep insects and rodents out of your building.
- We help you meet paperwork and compliance requirements relevant to the kinds of products you handle. We are familiar with the documentation requirements and audit standards of FDA, USDA / APHIS, HACCP, AIB, and other third-party government and professional organizations.
- We provide training, as needed, to help your employees and staff quickly identify potential pest problems so you can let us know about them, and we can rapidly address them.
In addition, Bugaboo Pest Control also conducts routine pest control quality assurance visits of our own. Although we hire the best technicians we can find and provide them with the best training in the industry, looking at your facility with a fresh pair of eyes from time to time is a proven way to assure world-class pest management for your warehouse. Our goal is to keep your facility free of insect, rodent, bird, and wildlife pests, to protect your business, your clients’ products, and your professional reputation.
For more information about how Bugaboo Pest Control can help you keep your warehouse or distribution pest-free, please contact us for a no-obligation inspection and consultation. We look forward to hearing from you.